YOU CAN ALSO USE ANY OTHER TYPE OF GRILLED CHEESE FOR THIS RECIPE -
THERE'S SOMETHING FOR EVERY TASTE!
600 g chickpeas (tin) 6 cloves of garlic 1 bunch flat-leaf parsley 1/2 bunch coriander 1 onion 2 tsp cumin 2 tsp salt 1 tsp pepper 1 tsp baking powder about 20-50 g flour, if needed 175 g sesame paste 175 g water juice of 1/2 a lemon 1 clove of garlic 1/8 tsp cumin 1/8 tsp salt 1 pinch pepper 3-4 stems parsley
Drain the chickpeas and peel the cloves of garlic. Run all the ingredients through a meat grinder or chop them in a blender. Put the falafel mix in the fridge for about 15 minutes.
Tip: if the mix is too wet, add about 20-50 g of flour so that it forms well.
1. Put all ingredients in a high mixing bowl and finely puree.
2. Put the sauce in the refrigerator until needed.
Mix all the ingredients together to a smooth cream and place in the fridge until needed.
Cut the cucumber and tomato into a fine dice.
1. Use an ice cream scoop or two spoons to form the falafels into balls. Press flat.
2. Heat the sunflower oil to about 160 °C in a fryer or pot and fry the falafel from both sides for about 2-3 minutes until golden brown.
Tip: you can also bake the falafels in the oven at 190 °C (upper and lower heat). Place on a baking tray covered with a baking sheet or baking paper and bake for 10-15 minutes. Then turn over and bake for another 3-4 minutes until golden brown on both sides. Baking in the oven means less fat, but the falafels will also be slightly more dry.
3. Cut the GAZİ grill and pan cheese into 4x4 cm squares and grill them on the BBQ or in a grill pan. You can also sear them in a pan with a little oil over medium heat for about 3-4 minutes on both sides until golden brown.
Now you will layer the falafel burgers. To do this, place the falafels side by side on a plate. Put about 1 tablespoon yoghurt sauce on the falafels and place the GAZİ grill and pan cheese on top. Spread the diced tomatoes and cucumbers over that. Drizzle the tahini sauce over the burger with a spoon.
Tip: put a toothpick into the burger so that the individual layers do not fall apart.