YOU CAN ALSO USE ANY OTHER TYPE OF GRILLED CHEESE FOR THIS RECIPE -
THERE'S SOMETHING FOR EVERY TASTE!
225 g GAZİ Halloumi Cheese for Pan and Grill 400 g GAZI classic White Cheese 55% 2 tbsp olive oil 500 g lamb bratwurst or beef bratwurst, roughly chopped 1 small onion, finely chopped 1 medium sliced zucchini 20 g colorful cherry tomatoes 400 ml peeled tomatoes in sauce 2 tsp smoked paprika powder 1 big handful fresh baby spinach 1 small handful fresh, chopped basil ciabatta to serve salt, pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C
2. Finely dice the onion, roughly chop the roast sausage and slice the zucchini. Slice the halloumi as well and set aside.
3. Heat a large heat-resistant pan with the olive oil to medium heat. Add the onion and the sausage and cook for about 8 minutes until golden brown.
4. Now add the zucchini slices and cook for about 2-3 minutes. Add the peeled tomatoes and press down with a wooden spoon.
5. Stir in the smoked paprika and season well with salt and pepper. Add the spinach and simmer for about 5-10 minutes covered. Add the basil and stir well.
6. Place the halloumi slices on the tomato sauce and lightly press them in. Distribute the cherry tomatoes over this and then put everything in the oven. Bake for 10-15 minutes, until the cheese is golden brown and the sauce is slightly thick. Serve with fresh basil, crumbled white cheese and ciabatta slices.