GAZİ Butter, unsalted 1 Large piece of ginger 2 Cloves of garlic 2 tsp garam masala ½ tsp ground clove 1 tsp ground cardamom 1 tsp ground chilli 3 tbsp tomato paste 750 ml passata juice of ½ lime 150g GAZi Semi-Solid Cream Yogurt Salt and pepper GAZİ Natural Halloumi Olive oil Fresh coriander Lime wedges Indian flatbread
1. Melt the butter in a large pan, quickly fry the ginger and garlic, add the spices and fry for a little longer.
2. Add the passata, tomato paste and lime juice and stir.
3. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Simmer gently for around 20 minutes.
5. Whilst the mixture is simmering, cut the halloumi into equally thick slices, lay them on an oiled baking tray, drizzle over some olive oil and cook in a fan oven at 180 °C for around 10 minutes until golden-brown.
6. Mix the cream yogurt into the sauce, remove it from the heat and season with salt and pepper.
7. Add the cooked halloumi to the curry sauce and serve with fresh coriander, lime wedges and Indian flatbread or rice.