YOU CAN ALSO USE ANY OTHER TYPE OF GRILLED CHEESE FOR THIS RECIPE -
THERE'S SOMETHING FOR EVERY TASTE!
200 ml vegetable stock 2 teaspoons maple syrup 2 tbsp Mirin (Japanese cooking wine 2-3 tbsp soy sauce freshly ground pepper roasted sesame seeds for sprinkling
1. Peel and dice the potatoes. Defrost the green cabbage (alternatively clean fresh cabbage, remove the hard stalk, chop, wash and let it drip off slightly). Peel and finely dice the onion. Wash the lemongrass, remove the upper dry end, tap with the handle of a large knife and cut into 3 pieces. Core, wash and dice the chilli pepper. Peel the ginger.
2. Mix sesame oil and five-spice powder. Dab the halloumi dry with a paper towel, brush all around with the seasoning oil and set aside.
3. Heat the butter in a frying pan and gently fry the onion cubes with lemongrass and chilli on medium heat until glazed, rubbing in the ginger. Add the potato cubes and fry for 2-3 minutes. Add the cabbage and fry for another 2-3 minutes. Pour in the vegetable stock and let it simmer until there is almost no liquid left.
4. In the meantime heat a small pan, add the halloumi cheese and oil and fry for 2-3 minutes on medium heat all around, drizzle with maple syrup after frying and turn over one last time. When the potatoes are soft, remove the lemongrass and season the kale with Mirin, soy sauce and pepper. Remove the halloumi from the frying pan and cut it into slices.
5. Transfer the halloumi slices to plates and drizzle with broth. Spread the green cabbage in 3 small piles around each side and serve sprinkled with roasted sesame seeds.