1. Heat a large pan over medium-low heat. Evenly coat the pan with oil using a kitchen brush or kitchen paper.
2. In a large bowl, mix the flour, baking powder, soda and salt and put aside. In another bowl, mix the ayran with lemon zest and the egg yolks with a whisk.
3. In a smaller bowl beat the leftover egg whites vigorously for about 3 minutes, so that it becomes slightly firm.
4. Add the ayran mixture to the flour mixture in the large bowl and mix well. Add the beaten egg whites and gently fold in so that the mixture is still fluffy.
5. Set the pan to medium heat and cook the pancakes until bubbles appear on one side. Turn. Serve with maple syrup and seasonal fruit.