150 g herbs, e.g. watercress, chives, parsley 1 onion 150 g spinach 1 L vegetable stock 250 g polenta 70 g GAZİ Kashkaval semi-hard cheese 5 tbsp olive oil 1 bunch sage 2 tsp brown mustard seeds pepper and salt
1. Grease a springform pan and preheat the oven to 180 °C.
2. Wash the herbs (except the sage) and spinach and chop. Finely dice the onion.
3. Bring the vegetable broth to a boil and add the polenta. Reduce the heat, cover and let the polenta soak up the broth for 10 minutes.
4. Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a pan and sauté the onion until translucent. Add the herbs and spinach. Season with salt and pepper.
5. Finely grate the GAZİ Kashkaval and stir into the polenta. Add the herb mixture to the polenta.
6. Pour the mixture into the springform pan and bake for 20 minutes until the polenta is golden brown.
7. In the meantime, heat the rest of the olive oil in a pan and lightly fry the sage. Remove the leaves and add the mustard seeds to the olive oil. Let sit for a few moments to allow the flavours to develop.
8. To serve, spread the sage leaves and mustard seed oil over the polenta.