|200 g||GAZİ Taze Peynir cream cheese|
|12 spears||green asparagus|
|150 g||small tomatoes|
|2 tbsp||white wine vinegar|
|9 tbsp||olive oil|
|2 tbsp||pine nuts|
|0.5 tsp||chilli flakes|
|40 g||white bread|
TIP: GAZİ Taze Peynir yogurt balls can be used instead of the home-made cream cheese balls.
1. Drain cream cheese in a sieve for 1 hour.
2. Meanwhile, cut off the ends of the asparagus and peel the lower third of the spears. Cook asparagus in boiling, salted water for 1 minute, shock with cold water and drain. Wash tomatoes and cut into small pieces. Drain capers. Mix vinegar with 4-5 tablespoons of olive oil, salt, pepper and a pinch of sugar.
3. Roast pine nuts in a pan until light brown, let cool and chop medium-fine. Finely chop the basil as well. Mix the basil and pine nuts with the chilli flakes and spread in a bowl. Season cream cheese with salt and pepper and shape with damp hands into 4 equal sized balls. The cream cheese should be as cold as possible. Roll the balls in the pine nut mixture.
4. Sauté asparagus in a pan in 2 tablespoons of olive oil for 1 minute. Remove from the pan and mix with tomatoes, capers and vinaigrette. Cut the white bread into small cubes and fry in the pan in the remaining olive oil until crispy.
5. Arrange asparagus salad, cheese balls and croutons on plates and serve.