Ingredients for 4 servings
50 g raisins 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar 1 medium-sized eggplant (approx. 300 g) 1 medium-sized red pepper 1 red onion 75 g salted GAZİ butter 50 g pine nuts 1 bunch of flat parsley salt freshly ground pepper 75 g tomato paste (double concentrated) 1 tbsp coconut blossom sugar 150 g GAZİ Tulum (nomad's cheese) Rind of 1 organic lemon Toast for serving
1. Soak the raisins in a small bowl with the balsamic vinegar and 2 tablespoons of hot water. Meanwhile, wash and dry the aubergine and peppers. Cut the aubergine into small cubes. Cut the peppers into halves, remove seeds and dice finely. Peel and finely dice the onion.
2. Heat 50 g butter in a large frying pan and fry the onion cubes gently for 5-8 minutes on low heat until soft. Meanwhile, fry the pine nuts in a small frying pan on medium heat until golden brown. Wash the parsley and shake dry. Remove the leaves and chop them finely.
3. Add aubergine and paprika cubes with the remaining butter to the onion cubes, season with salt and pepper and fry for 5 minutes on medium to high heat. Stir in tomato paste and sugar and brown for 2 minutes. Add the raisins and liquid, add 250 ml water and braise the vegetables for about 5 minutes.
4. Season the caponata again with coconut blossom sugar, salt and pepper. Finally, add the pine nuts and three quarters of the parsley.
5. Arrange the caponata on a large serving plate. Crumble the tulum and spread it on top. Garnish with the remaining parsley and sprinkle with lemon rind, then serve. Best served with warm slices of toast.
Alternatively, mix the tulum with a dash of GAZİ UHT milk to obtain a creamy consistency. Cut off the lobes with two spoons and arrange them on the caponata.