2 tbsp GAZİ Butter 2 tbsp olive oil, plus more for the baking sheet 2 onions 2–3 cloves of garlic, crushed 2–3 chicken breast fillets 2 tsp sumac 1 tsp ground cinnamon 1 tsp allspice Juice of 1 organic lemon Salt and freshly ground black pepper 4 pita breads, halved 1 small bundle flat-leaf parsley, roughly chopped 8 tbsp GAZİ Taze peynir cream cheese
3 tbsp olive oil 1 tbsp white wine vinegar 1 tbsp mango juice Salt and freshly ground black pepper 1 ripe papaya 1 red chilli pepper, deseeded and chopped Juice of 1 organic lemon 1 pinch of sugar 3 large handfuls lamb’s lettuce
1. Preheat your oven to 180°C. Cut the chicken breast fillets into strips. Heat the butter and olive oil in a large, heavy pan. Glaze the onions in the pan. When they are soft, add the garlic and cook for 4-5 minutes until the onions are golden brown.
2. Add the chicken strips and fry for 2-3 minutes. Then add sumac, cinnamon, ground allspice and lemon juice. Simmer until the chicken is cooked through but still juicy. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Fill the pita halves with the hot mixture and place on a baking sheet that has been coated with a little oil. Bake in the oven for about 10 minutes. Then place a dollop of GAZİ Taze Peynir fresh cheese in each pita pocket and garnish with parsley.
1. Mix the oil, vinegar and mango juice in a small bowl with the whisk; season with salt and pepper. Peel and deseed the papaya. Dice the fruit. Add the papaya, chili, lemon juice and sugar as well as salt and pepper to a bowl. Mix and season to taste.
2. Wash the lettuce leaves and spin dry. Dress in a large bowl with the dressing. Add the marinated papaya cubes.