200 g dates 2 egg yolks 1 vanilla pod 200 g GAZİ Tulum herders cheese 1 pack strudel dough 2 tbsp GAZİ butter 50 g grated hazel nut 2 tbsp icing sugar 2 pink grape-fruits 6 tbsp sugar Grand Marnier 1 tbsp GAZİ butter (flakes) 4 balls walnut ice cream
1. For the strudel, pit the dates and chop into small pieces. Mix the dates with egg yolk in a bowl and add the vanilla seeds then the GAZi Tulum herders cheese.
2. Lay the strudel dough flat on a kitchen towel then brush with melted GAZi butter before sprinkling with the hazel nuts and icing sugar. Add the tulum date mix and roll into a strudel form.
Lay the strudel on a baking tray lined with baking paper. Bake in a preheated oven for 25-35 minutes at 180°C until crispy.
3. For the grapefruit salad, finely peel the grapefruit and soak the skin in a bowl of water. Take the blanched strips of peel and add to a pan with 250ml of water and 3 tbsp of sugar and boil until a honey like consistency is achieved.
4. Remove the rest of the grapefruit peel and cut out the fillets. Squeeze the juice from the remains of the grapefruit into a cup. Add the rest of the sugar to a pan and when caramelized, blanch with Grand Marnier then flambé the mix. Add the GAZi butter flakes to melt before slowly adding the grapefruit juice. Boil until a syrup consistency is reached. Carefully add the grapefruit fillets.
5. Slice the baked strudel onto the plates and serve with ice cream and grapefruit salad. Use the grapefruit peel to decorate.