1.2 kg beef goulash ½ onion 200 g carrots 100 g parsley root ½ celery root 75 g celery 4 tbsp olive oil 2 tbsp tomato paste 1 tsp sugar 400 ml beef stock 1 bay leaf 2 cloves 4 grains allspice Salt and freshly ground black pepper 500 g ribbon noodles 1 tbsp corn-starch (optional)
1 bunch of flat-leaf parsley 100 g GAZİ sheep cheese Zest of 1 organic lemon
1. Remove any fat and tendons from the meat and cut into 1 cm cubes. Peel onion, carrots, parsley root and celery root. Wash the celery. Cut the onions and vegetables into a small dice.
2. Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a pan. Sweat the onions and vegetables over medium heat for 5-6 minutes. Remove and set aside. Add the rest of the oil to the pan, heat well, and brown the meat on all sides for 2–3 minutes. Stir in the tomato paste and sugar and fry for 1 minute. Add the beef stock, bay leave, cloves, allspice and 1 pinch of salt and pepper. Cover and cook the ragout for 30 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, wash and shake dry the parsley for the gremolata. Pluck the parsley leaves and chop finely. Finely crumble the sheep milk cheese and mix in a bowl with the parsley and lemon zest. Season with 1 pinch each of salt and pepper.
4. Cook the noodles in boiling salted water until al dente. Remove the bay leave, cloves and allspice from the ragout. Season the stew again with salt and pepper. If desired, mix the corn-starch with a bit of cold water and stir, then add to the ragout to thicken the sauce. Drain and rinse the noodles.
5. Place the pasta on the plate, pour over the ragout and sprinkle with the gremolata.