INGREDIENTS FOR 4 PORTIONS
200 g GAZİ sheep's cheese 2 sprigs rosemary ¼ tsp pepper 2 tsp olive oil
600 g eggplant 1 tsp salt Olive oil 1 onion 1 clove garlic 2 celery stalks 400 g tomatoes 2 tsp balsamic vinegar 1 tsp sugar 2 tsp cocoa ½ tsp salt 60 g black olives, pitted 30 g capers 1 Sprig rosemary ½ bunch of flat-leaf parsley 50 g pine nuts
1. Cut the eggplant into a 2 cm dice and sprinkle with the salt. Leave for 15 minutes to allow the liquid to drain. Cut the onion into rings, the garlic clove into a fine dice and the tomatoes and celery into a 5 mm dice.
2. Grease a baking dish with olive oil and put the feta cheese on it. Cover it with the sprigs of rosemary and sprinkle the feta with the pepper. Bake in a preheated oven at 200°C for about 15-20 minutes, or until the cheese is soft.
3. Rinse the eggplant with cold water and squeeze dry. Heat about 6 tablespoons of olive oil in a large saucepan and fry the eggplant for about 5 minutes. Take the eggplant out of the pan.
4. Heat 4 tablespoons of olive oil in the pan and fry the onion rings and garlic for about 2-3 minutes. Add celery and fry for 5 minutes. Deglaze the vegetables with the balsamic vinegar. Add the sugar, cocoa powder, salt, olives, capers, tomatoes and rosemary sprig. Let the dish simmer for about 10 minutes. Add the eggplant after 5 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
5. Roast the pine nuts in a frying pan without fat and chop the parsley. Serve the caponata with the chopped parsley and the pine nuts. Serve with the feta, fresh from the oven. The dish goes perfectly with toasted bread, noodles or as an accompaniment to meat.
Our products in recipe
Recipe of the month
Every month a recipe is named
recipe of the month.
Come back every month & cook with GAZİ.