Ingredients for 4 servings
4 small beetroot (leaves as desired) 130 ml extra virgin olive oil 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar 3 tbsp coconut blossom syrup salt freshly ground pepper 150 g soy bean seeds (from the Asian shop) 200 g GAZİ goat's cheese 4 handfuls of baby spinach 1 ripe avocado juice of 1 lemon 2 tbsp white balsamic vinegar 1 teaspoon tahini (sesame paste) 3-4 stems of tarragon 200 g chickpeas (from the jar; drained) 4 tbsp pumpkin seeds
4 jars with screw cap (500 ml each) 1 small glass bottle (150-200 ml)
1. Preheat the oven to 200 °C top/bottom heat. Cut off the stalks of the beetroot at the base, if necessary, and put them aside. Peel the tubers and cut them into bite-sized cubes, and wear kitchen gloves or disposable gloves to avoid stains. Spread the cubes in a casserole dish, then mix with 2 tablespoons of olive oil, balsamic vinegar and 1 tablespoon of coconut blossom syrup. Season liberally with salt and pepper and cook in a hot oven on the middle rack for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
2. Meanwhile cut off the leaves from the beetroot stalks if necessary. Wash the stalks and cut them into small pieces. Blanch the soy bean seeds in boiling salt water for 3-4 minutes. Remove and plunge immediately in ice water.
3. Another option is to lift the stems underneath the beetroot cubes and cook for another 10 minutes. Remove and allow to cool. During this time, dab the goat cheese dry with a paper towel and dice it. Wash the baby spinach, shake dry and cut coarsely. Cut the avocado in half, remove the pit, peel the halves, dice and marinate with 1-2 teaspoons of lemon juice.
4. For the dressing, pour the remaining oil, the remaining coconut blossom syrup and lemon juice, white balsamic vinegar and tahini into a small glass bottle. Wash the tarragon and shake dry. Remove the leaves, cut them finely and insert them into the bottle. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Store in a cool place.
5. Pour beetroot, soy bean seeds, cheese, chickpeas, spinach, avocado and pumpkin seeds into the large jars one after the other. Close the jars tightly and take them with you. Shortly before consumption shake the dressing again vigorously and pour it over the salad.
TIP: The beetroot can be wonderfully prepared the day before. If it has to be quick, replace the fresh beetroot with pre-cooked and vacuumed beetroot. Then there is no need to cook in the oven.