Ingredients for 8 small or 4 large casserole dishes
250 g cherry tomatoes 1 onion 8 sprigs oregano (alternatively 3 tsp dried oregano) 2 tbsp olive oil 1-2 tsp coconut sugar 2 tbsp tomato purée (double concentrate) 2 tsp raz el-hanout 400 g diced tomatoes (canned) Salt Freshly ground pepper 1 pkg. GAZİ sheep cheese (180 g) 1 handful basil leaves 4 tbsp GAZİ salted butter 6 tbsp panko (Asian bread crumbs) 2 slices of whole-grain bread (from the previous day) 8 tsp maple syrup
8 small or 4 large oven-proof mini casserole dishes
1. Preheat the oven to 175°C with convection. Wash and quarter the tomatoes. Peel the onion and cut into a fine dice. Wash the oregano and shake dry. Remove and finely chop the leaves. Heat the oil in a small saucepan and sauté the onion over medium heat until translucent. Sprinkle with coconut sugar and lightly caramelise.
2. Stir in the tomato purée and raz el-hanout and sauté briefly. Add the diced tomatoes and cherry tomatoes, season with salt and pepper and simmer over medium heat for 5 minutes.
3. In the meantime, dab the sheep cheese dry with kitchen paper and cut each into 4 pieces. Fill the baking dishes 2-3 cm high with tomato sauce and place 1 piece of cheese in the centre of each dish. Press down slightly - the cheese should be exposed. Bake the cheese in a hot oven for about 15 minutes.
4. Wash the basil, shake dry and finely chop. Heat 2 tbsp of butter in a pan and fry the breadcrumbs with the basil over medium heat for 2-3 minutes until golden brown and crispy. Transfer to a bowl and set aside. Wipe the pan. Cut the bread into strips. Heat the rest of the butter in the pan and fry the strips of bread until crispy. Drain on kitchen paper.
5. Drizzle the pieces of cheese with a little maple syrup, switch on the grill function of the oven and bake the cheese again until lightly browned. Remove the dishes from the oven, sprinkle the cheese with the bread crumbs and serve hot. Serve with the bread strips.
TIP: The dish can also be prepared in a large casserole dish and served on small plates.