INGREDIENTS FOR 1 CAKE
Ingredients for the dough
130 ml olive oil 130 ml mineral water 300 g wheat flour 1 tsp salt
Ingredients for the topping
150 g GAZİ white cheese classic 45% (or as much as you like) 3 big tomatoes 3 small onions 1 red pepper 1 green pepper 4 tbsp olive oil Salt, pepper
1. For the dough, mix 120 ml of the oil, along with the mineral water and salt in a bowl. Gradually add the flour and mix or knead until a smooth, soft dough forms.
2. Cover the dough and let rest for about 30 minutes.
3. In the meantime, clean or peel onions, tomatoes and both types of peppers, wash and cut into thin dice.
4. Mix the vegetables with olive oil, salt and pepper and let sit for about 10 minutes.
5. Grease a baking tray with remaining oil. Spread the dough on it evenly with your hands (it is too soft to roll out). Preheat oven to 180°C (top/bottom heat).
6. Spread the vegetable mixture with the resulting liquid over the dough.
7. Bake cake on the middle tray for about 40 minutes. Then switch to bottom heat, crumble the white cheese on the cake and bake for about 10 minutes.
8. Finally, turn on the broiler for about 1-2 minutes, creating small dark peaks.
9. Remove the pepper cake and enjoy warm or cold. Serve with green salad and gazpacho.