100 g GAZİ butter, melted and cooled, plus butter for greasing 200 g chocolate biscuits without filling, finely crumbled 200 g GAZİ cream cheese, room temperature 250 g GAZİ natural yoghurt, room temperature 225 g mascarpone, room temperature 100 g sugar ½ tsp orange flavouring 4 tbsp freshly squeezed orange juice Grated peel of ½ a large, organic orange 2 eggs 115 g sugar 1 tbsp cornstarch 3 egg yolks 75 ml freshly squeezed orange juice Grated peel of ½ a large, organic orange 25 g GAZİ butter flakes, room temperature
Springform pan (20 cm Ø) Roasting pan or deep baking tray
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C. Grease the springform pan and cover with baking paper. Mix biscuit crumbs and butter in a bowl. Add to the pan in a uniform layer. Put on a baking tray and bake for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool.
2. Stir all ingredients for the filling except the eggs in the blender until smooth. Pour into a bowl, gradually add the eggs one at a time, beat thoroughly each time. Wrap the outside of the springform pan with two sheets of aluminium foil and seal.
3. Place the pan in a roasting pan or a deep baking tray. Add the filling to the pan, ensuring it is evenly distributed. Carefully fill the roasting pan with boiling water to half the height of the springform pan. This ensures that the surface of the filling does not break while baking.
4. Bake for 1 hour until the cheesecake is firm and has come away from the sides of the pan. Turn off the heat and let the cake cool for 30 minutes in the oven. Remove from the oven and let cool completely.
5. For the orange cream, mix the sugar and starch in a pot. Beat in the egg yolks, then add orange juice and zest and stir thoroughly. Heat the mixture for 8-10 minutes, stirring constantly, until it thickens. Do not boil. Remove from the heat and gradually stir in the butter until the cream is thick and shiny. Allow to cool completely.
6. Spread the orange cream on the top of the cheesecake, leaving the sides bare. Decorate with orange zest. Cover with cling film