2 eggs 100 g sugar 250 g flour 250 g GAZİ semi-solid Cream Yogurt 50 g corn flour 1 pkg. baking powder 3 pkg. vanilla sugar 1 L neutral vegetable oil for frying Icing sugar 500 g sour cherries 100 g sugar 1 pkg. vanilla sugar 250 ml water 1 tbsp corn flour
The yoghurt balls taste especially delicious with cherry compote.
1. Beat the eggs until frothy and slowly add the sugar. Mix the flour, GAZİ cream yoghurt, corn flour, baking powder and 1 packet of vanilla sugar into the sugar and egg mixture.
2. Heat the vegetable oil in a pot. Using a teaspoon, add small, equal amounts of the dough to the hot oil. Fry for about 2 to 3 minutes until golden yellow. While frying, flip the yoghurt balls with a fork so that they cook evenly. But be careful, the oil is hot!
3. Using a skimmer, remove the golden brown balls from the pot and drain on kitchen paper.
4. On a flat plate, mix the icing sugar with the remaining vanilla sugar and roll the yogurt balls in it while still hot.
1. If using fresh cherries, remove pits. If using frozen, allow to thaw completely.
2. Stir the sugar and vanilla sugar into the cherries and let them sit for 15 minutes.
3. Bring 250 ml of water to a boil in a saucepan. If using cherries from a jar, you can use the liquid here instead of water.
4. Add the cherries and cornflour, simmer for about 10 minutes.
5. Let compote cool and serve with the yogurt balls.