For 4 portions
3 tsp salt 250 g long grain rice, brown rice 1 onion 1 clove of garlic 2 red peppers 1 yellow pepper 2 tbsp olive oil 400 g beef mince 125 g vegetable stock 400 g canned tomatoes 1 pinch of sugar 1 tsp paprika 1 tbsp oregano ½ tsp pepper
400 g GAZİ stirred natural yogurt ½ tsp salt 1 pinch of pepper ½ clove of garlic
1. Fill a large pot with water and add 3 teaspoons salt. Bring to a boil. Add the brown rice and simmer over medium heat for about 20-25 minutes. The brown rice should be slightly grainy.
2. Cut the onion and garlic clove into a fine dice and cut the bell peppers into 3 cm pieces.
3. Heat half of the oil in a large saucepan and sauté the bell peppers. Remove the bell peppers from the pan, add the remaining oil and sauté the minced meat in portions. Add the diced onion and garlic clove and sauté for about 3 minutes. Add the vegetable stock and the tomatoes. Season with sugar, paprika, oregano, salt and pepper. Simmer the tomato sauce for about 5 minutes.
4. Drain the brown rice in a sieve and let it steam.
5. Fold the brown rice into the tomato sauce and simmer for 8 minutes until it is almost cooked. Add the bell peppers and cook briefly so that they stay al dente.
Tip: Pay attention to the specified cooking time of the rice packaging, because the cooking time can vary greatly.
Mix the GAZİ natural yoghurt with the salt and pepper and add the garlic. Serve the rice pan with the GAZİ yoghurt.
Our products in recipe
Recipe of the month
Every month a recipe is named
recipe of the month.
Come back every month & cook with GAZİ.