5-8 red bell peppers 1 tbsp canola oil 500 g minced meat 1 onion 1 tbsp canola oil 200 g parboiled rice 100 g currants (or raisins) 400 ml water 1 tsp paprika powder ½ tsp turmeric ¼ tsp cumin 1 bunch parsley 1 tsp salt 1 tsp dried mint Pepper 4 tsp tomato paste 100 ml water ¼ tsp salt Pepper 1 pinch chili 500 g GAZİ semi-sold cream yoghurt (10%) 1 tsp salt Pepper 1 clove garlic
1. Sauté the minced meat in a saucepan with 1 tbsp oil, then remove. Cut the onion into fine dice. Sauté the onion in 1 tbsp of oil over medium heat for 3-4 minutes until translucent. Add the rice, currants, and spices and fry for 1 minute. Deglaze with water and bring to a boil. Cover and cook at medium heat for about 15 minutes.
2. In the meantime, cut the lid off the peppers and remove the white flesh inside. If you like, carve a "face" into the peppers.
3. Mix the rice with the meat and then add the finely chopped parsley and mix. Fill the peppers with the rice and meat mix. Place the peppers onto a baking dish.
4. Mix the tomato paste with water, salt, pepper and chili and pour over the stuffed peppers. Place the lids back on to the stuffed peppers. Add a little water to the dish, so that the peppers do not burn. Bake in a preheated oven at 200°C for about 30 minutes.
5. Mix the yoghurt with salt, pepper and grated garlic and serve with the cooked peppers, on the side.