Ingredients for 6 portions
150 g wild rice 1 onion 3 tablespoons olive oil 2 yellow peppers ½ red pepper 1 green pepper 250 g mushrooms 150 g brown rice 100 ml white wine 800 ml vegetable stock 1 teaspoon salt ½ teaspoon pepper 1 teaspoon chilli ¼ teaspoon cumin 480 g chickpeas (canned) 1 lemon ½ bunch parsley 250 g sucuk
500 g GAZİ semi-sold cream yoghurt (10%) 1 teaspoon dried mint 1 teaspoon salt Pepper
1. Rinse the wild rice thoroughly under running water. Put the rice in a saucepan, add 1 litre of water and bring to a boil. Lower the heat to medium and let the rice cook for about 15-20 minutes. The rice should still be a bit firm.
2. Cut the onion into a fine dice. Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat and sauté the onion until translucent, about 3-4 minutes. Cut the peppers into fine strips and the mushrooms into slices. Add the vegetables to the pan and sauté for 3-4 minutes.
3. Thoroughly rinse the brown rice under running water. Now add both rice varieties to the pan and sauté briefly. If you are using wine, you can add the wine now and let it reduce.
4. Now add the broth and season the ingredients with salt, pepper and chilli. Bring the ingredients to a boil, add the chickpeas, cover the pot with a lid and lower the heat. Let the dish simmer for about 20 minutes, then turn off the heat and let steam another 5 minutes.
5. Season with lemon juice and parsley.
6. In the meantime, sauté the sucuk in a pan without fat until crispy. Serve the sucuk slices with the rice dish. Mix the yoghurt with the salt, pepper and mint and serve as a condiment for the rice.