Ingredients for 4 people
1 aubergine 2 tbsp olive oil salt ground pepper 200 g cherry tomatoes 100 g preserving sugar 5 sprigs of rosemary 1 vanilla pod 100 g black olives 2 anchovy fillets 10 capers 4 sprigs of thyme 400 g GAZİ sheep cheese 1 red onion olive oil
1. Wash the aubergine and slice into 8 same sized slices. Season both sides of with oil salt and pepper and leave to marinate for 20 minutes.
2. For the tomato, vanilla, rosemary marmalade, wash the tomatoes and one rosemary sprig then dry with paper towels. Cook with the sugar and vanilla seeds in a sauté pan for 25 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
3. For the olive tapenade, wash a sprig of rosemary and thyme and pluck the leaves. Chop finely and add to the olives, anchovies and capers, mix with olive oil. Add salt and pepper to season.
4. Cut the GAZİ sheep cheese into 4 same sized slices. Wash the remaining rosemary and thyme, pluck the leaves and finely chop. Cover the cheese slices in the herbs. Cut the red onion into 5mm thin rings.
5. Fry the seasoned aubergine in a little olive oil from both sides. Remove and dry on paper towels.
6. Briefly fry the onion rings and GAZİ sheep cheese in a pan. Prepare the burger in this order: Aubergine, onion rings, GAZİ sheep cheese, onion rings and Aubergine. Garnish with the tomato, vanilla and rosemary marmalade and the olive tapenade.
Recipe of the month
Every month a recipe is named
recipe of the month.
Come back every month & cook with GAZİ.