Ingredients for 4 people
230 g flour 60 g GAZİ butter 100 g GAZİ yogurt 10% 1 egg yolk 1 lime (juice) 2 sprigs thyme 2 sprigs rosemary salt ground pepper 600 g saddle of lamb (without bones) 3 tbsp olive oil 1 aubergine 1 courgette 1 red pepper 1 yellow pepper 1 onion 1 garlic clove 5 cl Noilly-Pat (Vermouth) 200 ml vegetable stock
1. For the batter mix the flour with GAZİ Butter and GAZİ yogurt, egg yolk, lime juice and 1 sprig of washed and chopped rosemary and thyme , salt and pepper. Kneed the dough until firm then wrap in cling film and cool in the fridge for 30 minutes.
2. Remove any sinews from the saddle of lamb, cold rinse and pat dry. Then cut into 4 equal pieces and season with salt and pepper. Sear both sides in a pan with 1 tbsp of olive oil. Remove from the pan and leave to cool and dry on paper towels.
3. For the Hungarian vegetables, wash the aubergine and courgette and chop into chunks. Clean the peppers and remove the seeds and chop into similar sized chunks. Peel and dice the onion and garlic. Heat 1 tbsp of olive oil in a pan and fry the vegetables.
4. Blanch with the Noilly Prat and pour in the vegetable stock then mix well. Season with salt and pepper then pluck and add the thyme and rosemary.
5. Roll the dough into 4 equal pieces then wrap and seal the meat in the dough. Fry the pockets in a tbsp of olive oil before baking in a preheated over at 180°C for 10 minutes.
Divide the Hungarian vegetables onto 4 plates. Slice the lamb pockets and serve.
Recipe of the month
Every month a recipe is named
recipe of the month.
Come back every month & cook with GAZİ.